Day 1: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral
You are picked up in your hotel and we board our transport to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. We pass the different districts such as Carhuas (2650m) and Yungay (2500m). We arrive in Caraz (2250m) and continue to get to Cashapampa. From here we start hiking up for 5 to 6 hours until the campsite of Llamacorral (3800m).
Day 2: Llamacorral – Base Camp Arhueycocha
Today we hike along the valley enjoying the beautiful turquoise lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha. We have lunch at Quisuar and climb up to the Alpamayo Base Camp (4300m).
Day 3: Base Camp Arhueycocha – Moraine Camp
After breakfast we start climbing a rocky path for about 3 hours to get to the Moraine camp (4800m), where we will enjoy splendid views of the mountains Artesonraju, Paria, Pucajirca and others. After we pitch the tents we check our climbing equipment for the next day.
Day 4: Moraine Camp – Camp 1
Today we climb for about 4.5 hours to get to Camp 1 (5550m).
Day 5: Camp 1 – Summit – Camp 1
On this day breakfast will be at 2 am and then we start climbing to the summit. After approximately 1 hour of walking in the snow we get to the base of the wall (Ferrari route), the inclination is approx. 75º. After 2 or 3 hours climbing we succeed the summit (5947m), where we have impressive views to white mountain peaks. When we are ready to descend we begin rappelling with the help of our guide. We arrive to Camp 1 (5550m) around lunch time.
Day 6: Camp 1 - Base Camp Arhueycocha
We take the same route to go back to the Moraine Camp, then we continue to the Base Camp (4300m).
Day 7: Base Camp – Cashapampa – Huaraz
On the last day we walk downhill along the Santa Cruz valley, enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha lakes, until arriving to Cashapampa, where our transport will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz, a drive of about 3.5 hours.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: In charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. Donkeys carry tents, food, climbing rope up to Base Camp and back, but you need to carry your own personal gear.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, ropes, carabiners, dining tent (depending on group size), table and chairs, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled wáter.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-25 C)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Plastic mountain boots
- Ice axe
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!