We pick you up in your hotel in Huaraz and drive to the town of Chavin, located 109 km away. On the way we stop at beautiful Querococha Lake (3980m). It is not uncommon to see llamas and alpacas grazing around the lake. From here the road climbs steeply to the Kawish Tunnel (4516m), which cuts through the solid rock of a mountain to emerge in the Conchucos Valley. We arrive in the small town of Chavin and explore the ruins. Our guided visit lasts around 1.5 hours. After lunch we visit the excellent Chavin National Museum, which houses numerous intricately carved tenons, as well as the magnifidient Tello Obelisk. Then we make our way back to Huaraz.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
What is not included
Entrance fee to the ruins (15 Soles) and museum (10 Soles), lunch and snacks, soft drinks or water, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the trip early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation.
- Small daypack
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Waterproof jacket and trousers / or rain poncho
- Water bottle, lunch and snacks
- Toilet paper
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!