Ishinca is reached from the Ishinca valley, the same valley that gives access to Tocllaraju and other climbable peaks making its base camp a very practical one. where we see amazing views of mountains such as Huascaran (6768m), Hualcan (6112m), Ranrapalca (6162m) and Chopicalqui (6354m).
Day 1: Huaraz – Pashpa – Base Camp
You are picked up in you hotel and we start driving to the North side of Huaraz to Paltay, from there we will drive up to Pashpa (3670m), a total drive of around 1 hour. Pashpa is the start point of our hike to Base Camp. We arrive at the campsite (4300m) after around 6 hours of hiking.
Day 2: Base camp – Summit – Base camp – Pashpa – Huaraz
We will wake up very early and start hiking at 3.30 am, arriving to the glacier after 2.5 hours. We put on our climbing gears and start climbing up to the summit for about 3 hours. At the summit (5550m) we will enjoy fantastic views around the valley with mountains and lakes all around. Then we start descending for about 2 hours back to the moraine camp and continue to the Base Camp (4300m). After picking up our equipment, we hike down to Pashpa for around 3 hours, where our transport to Huaraz is waiting.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: In charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. Donkeys carry tents, food, climbing rope up to Base Camp and back, but you need to carry your own personal gear.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, ropes, carabiners, dining tent (depending on group size), table and chairs, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled wáter.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-25 C)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Plastic mountain boots
- Ice axe
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!