This species can be found in only a few isolated areas of the Andes. The plant usually blooms in the months of May to July, and if you are lucky enough to witness this event, it's an unbelievable sight set against a spectacular snowy mountain back-drop.
You are picked up in your hotel and we drive towards the southern section of the Huascaran National Park. Once we enter the park we have our first views of some of the Cordillera Blanca’s stunning mountains. We stop at Lake Patococha to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Further on we stop again at some unusual mineral springs. From here, we can clearly see the imposing snow-capped peak of Mururaju, which dominates this part of the valley. Later on, we stop to see the gigantic Puya Raimondi plants. The road now climbs steeply towards the glacier and we pass beautiful mountains with cascading glaciers. It takes around 1 hour on foot to reach the glacier. After spending some time at the glacier we hike down to the bus and drive back to Huaraz.
Driving time: 6 hs.
Hiking time: 45 minutes.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
What is not included
Entrance fee to the National Park (10 Soles), lunch and snacks, soft drinks or water, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the trek early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, toilet paper
- Small daypack
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, fleece
- Waterproof jacket and trousers / or rain poncho
- Water bottle, lunch and snacks
- Toilet paper
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!