Day 1: Huaraz – Cebollapampa – Pisco Base Camp
You are picked up in your hotel and we drive along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz, passing different traditional Andean towns as Carhuaz and Yungay. Then we start going up to the Llanganuco Valley, almost in the base of Huascarán Mountain in its north side. From Cebollapampa we hike up on a good path to the Base Camp of Pisco (4500m). Before going to sleep early, we have time left to check our climbing equipment and get ready for the next day.
Day 2: Pisco Base Camp – Summit – Base Camp
Early in the morning at 01:00 am we start hiking up around 3.5 hours over rocky path to get the glacier. Here we put our climbing equipment on to start climbing up to the summit. After climbing up for about 1 hour we get to a wall of 40m and 50° of difficulty. We continue 2.5 hours more and reach the summit (5750m). We enjoy the nice views of different mountains such as: Artesonraju, Alpamayo, Caraz, Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Yanapaccha, Chacraraju, Brogui, Huandoys and a splendid turquoise lake 69 lake. After a few minutes we go back down to the Base Camp (4500m).
Day 3: Base Camp – Huaraz
Today we descend to Cebollapampa for about 2 hours, where a bus will be waiting for us to bring us back to Huaraz.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: In charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. Donkeys carry tents, food, climbing rope up to Base Camp and back, but you need to carry your own personal gear.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, ropes, carabiners, dining tent (depending on group size), table and chairs, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled wáter.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-25 C)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Plastic mountain boots
- Ice axe
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!