1.- Day: Huaraz - Quilcayhuanca – Tullpacocha
After breakfast at the hotel we drive to the East side of Huaraz, to the place called Pitec (4 485 m.), respective registration in the Huascarán National Park. Finally we arrive to the ravine of Quillcayhuanca, place of entry to the Huascarán National Park and the starting point of our trekking circuit, upon arrival we will appreciate cave paintings and will continue our way to a wide ravine, famous for the presence for the King of the Andes; the Condor.
In this day of the trek we will have impressive panoramic views of the Cordillera Blanca, and after about 4 hours we reach Tullpacocha (4,300 m) where we stay overnight.
2.- Day: Tullpacocha - Huapi Pass- Cojup
8: 00 am. Breakfast in our campsite to start the second day of trek. This day we will go through the beautiful Cuchillacocha lagoon (4,625 m), we continue the trek until reach Huapi Pass (5,020 m) we will appreciate the beautiful Ice-mountains of the Cordillera Blanca including Ranrapalca, Huapi, Ishinca, Andavite, Palcaraju, Cayesh, Maparaju, etc, finally arriving to Cojup ravine our next campsite.
3.- Day: Cojup – Huaraz
8:00 am. After breakfast at the campsite, we will go along the ravine of Cojup, 4 to 5 of hour hike we get Pitec, place where our transportation will be waiting for us to move to the city of Huaraz.
Arrival in Huaraz.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: Is in charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. You are allowed to bring up to 4 kg of personal belongings that will be loaded on the donkeys. You will only carry your daypack during the day.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, basic sleeping bag -2°, dining tent, table and chairs, toilet tent, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the trek early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled water (you drink water from the river).
- Bag to load on the donkeys with your personal belongings (plastic bag with zipper or garbage bag)
- Small daypack
- Sleeping bag if available
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Waterproof jacket and trousers / or rain poncho
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!