It is very probable that are insurances for the reduction in the normal route, to verify his state in case are used. From the summit we will have an extraordinary Vista of the White Mountain range, in special of snowed the Alpamayo and its southwestern wall, Santa Cruz and the group of the Pucahircas.
Day 1: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacoral
You are picked up in your hotel and we board our transport to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. We pass the different districts such as Carhuas (2650m) and Yungay (2500m). We arrive in Caraz (2250m) and continue to get to Cashapampa. From here we start hiking up to the campsite of Llamacorral (3800m).
Hiking time: 5-6 hs.
Day 2: Llamacoral – Base Camp
Today we hike along the valley enjoying the beautiful turquoise lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha. We have lunch at Quisuar and climb up to the Base Camp (4300m).
Hiking time: 4-5 hs.
Day 3: Base Camp – High Camp
Today we step onto the glacier making our move to the High Camp (5486m). Often one of the most challenging days of the expedition, we will be climbing on a broken glacier and then up as many as three two-tool ice and snow pitches. This camp boasts with one of the best views from a high camp in the entire world.
Hiking/climbing time 6-7 hs.
Day 4: High Camp – Summit – High Camp
Today we climb to the summit (6041m). A short trek across the glacier and we step onto the North Face. While the face is not quite as steep as Alpamayo, it is significantly longer. The route to the summit is often 12+ pitches of two-tool snow, with the upper pitches frequently consisting of soft sugar snow fins. Since we are in the Southern Hemisphere, this face gets early morning sun, and we will need to be descending before noon, back to our High Camp.
Climbing time: 10 hs.
Day 5: High Camp – Base Camp
We descend back to Base Camp.
Hiking time: 6 hs.
Day 6: Base Camp – Llamacoral – Huaraz
On the last day we walk downhill along the Santa Cruz valley, enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha lakes, until arriving to Cashapampa, where our transport will be waiting for us to return to Huaraz.
Hiking time: 7 hs. / Driving time: 3 hs.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: In charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. Donkeys carry tents, food, climbing rope up to Base Camp and back, but you need to carry your own personal gear.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, ropes, carabiners, dining tent (depending on group size), table and chairs, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled wáter.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-25 C)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Plastic mountain boots
- Ice axe
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!