Day 1 Huaraz – Paria
The first day of the trek you are picked up in your hotel and we drive through Carhuaz, Yungay and Caraz, into Llanganuco valley and then ascend the amazing 32 switch-back mountain pass road to Vaqueria. We start our trek descending to the village of Huaripampa, where we have the opportunity to meet friendly Quechua people, take memorable photos of their traditional houses their farmland and colorful garments. Then we descend to our first campsite in Paria (3800m).
Driving time: 5 hs. / Hiking time: 5 hs.
Day 2 Paria – Punta unión Pass – Taullipampa
On our second day will walk about five hours before reaching the highest point of this trek. The trail starts ascending towards Punta Union (4750m). This old trail was heavily used in pre-Columbian and colonial times as a route for transporting goods from the eastern side of the Andes to the main valley. As we approach the pass, you will enjoy amazing panoramic views down the Santa Cruz Valley to the west, and views of the Huaripampa Valley to the east. The peaks of Santa Cruz surrounded by Andean vegetation of Quenual, the snow-capped peaks of Paria and Taulliraju, Artesonraju and Huaripampa will all come into view. We will see Taulliraju mountain looming above us and on the other side its glacial lake. From this high point, it is possible to see Alpamayo, Artesonraju, Taulliraju, Rinrihircas, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui and Pucahircas. After a break we descend to our next campsite
Hiking time: 7 hs.
Day 3 Taullipampa – Llamacorral
Today we walk around 5 hours before reaching our last camp Llamacorral (3750m). During this pleasant hike we can appreciate the following mountains: Santa Cruz, Quitaraju, Artesonraju, Alpamayo, Taulliraju and Rinrijircas. We will also pass the lakes Ischicocha, Hatuncocha and Arhuaycocha. The lake Arhuaycocha boasts one of the most spectacular views within the entire Cordillera Blanca.
Hiking time: 5 hs.
Day 4 Llamacorral – Huaraz
We complete our 4 day trek by hiking down to the village of Cashapampa, which takes approximately 3 hours. As we descend, you will be able to notice a steady change in vegetation as we follow the river. Our transport will be waiting to bring us back to Huaraz.
Hiking time: 3 hs.
Driving time: 3 hs.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: Is in charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. You are allowed to bring up to 4 kg of personal belongings that will be loaded on the donkeys. You will only carry your daypack during the day.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, basic sleeping bag -2°, dining tent, table and chairs, toilet tent, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the trek early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled water (you drink water from the river).
- Bag to load on the donkeys with your personal belongings (plastic bag with zipper or garbage bag)
- Small daypack
- Sleeping bag if available
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Waterproof jacket and trousers / or rain poncho
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!