Day 1: Huaraz – Pashpa – Ishinca Base Camp
Drive 1.5 hours from Huaraz to the village of Pashpa (3670m). We then walk up the valley Quebrada Ishinca on a gently rising path to our camp at the head of the valley. 6 hours hiking to Ishinca Base Camp (4300m).
Day 2: Base Camp – Moraine Camp
Climb up through moraine rock to Tocllaraju Moraine Camp (5300m). It is necessary to carry all equipment. 3 to 4 hours.
Day 3: Moraine Camp – Summit – Base Camp
Depart early to climb to the summit. The route is mixed with nice gentle snow slopes, some large crevasses and snow bridges which need to be negotiated, and some steep and exposed ridges up to 70 degrees. There is an approximately 65m bergschrund to climb below the summit which is quite exposed and the guide may fix a rope. At the summit (6035m) we will enjoy the splendid views of different peaks around like: Huascaran, Santa Cruz and Ranrapalca. We return back to Base Camp. 12 to 14 hours for the day depending on fitness.
Day 4: Base camp – Pashpa – Huaraz
We hike around 3 hours down the Ishinca Valley to Pashpa and return to Huaraz.
What is included
- Transport: From Huaraz to the starting point of your activity, and from the finishing point of your activity back to Huaraz. We use prived transport, minivans, and other types of cars, depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and basic English.
- Cook: A professional cook who is trained to prepare healthy dishes in a hygienic manner.
- Donkey driver: In charge of loading the donkeys, looking after them and guiding them.
- Donkeys: The number of donkeys provided depends on the size of the group. Donkeys carry tents, food, climbing rope up to Base Camp and back, but you need to carry your own personal gear.
- Food: Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
- Equipment: Good quality high mountain tent, sleeping mattress, ropes, carabiners, dining tent (depending on group size), table and chairs, first aid kit, cooking stove, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Entrances fee: for the national park.
What is not included
First breakfast, last dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled wáter.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-25 C)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Plastic mountain boots
- Ice axe
- Head torch (with spare batteries)
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Well-worn in hiking boots or trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, underwear, long thermal underwear, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle and water purification pills
- Toilet paper, personal toiletries, small towel
- Extra snacks and money
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great days expeditions, Please check each trip for detailed pricing information or contact us for a customized trip and you can fully enjoy!!